A low red building sits near gate 3 in the south part of Lexington Park directly off route 235. The vendors were quite friendly and I was surprised to find that they still accepted my little wooden coins that were offered fairly soon after the market opened. They are open Saturdays 9 am-1 pm. Some of the items I noticed included eggs, meat, vegetables, home made items like glass, beeswax wraps that kept bugs off your food. They had a large box of legos for the childen to play with while the older folks shopped that I thought was a nice touch. These photos were mostly made in the end of May and early June, so the specific items may have changed. It's a pleasant place to visit for local items. (Part 2 of my farm market project)
Homegrown or Home Grown Market on route 235 Lexington Park













No comments:
Post a Comment