Calm Reflections Photography shares beautiful photographs that can be placed on mugs, mouse pads, canvas, puzzles, T-shirts, coasters and prints. Joanna Macaulay makes souvenirs of St. Mary’s County for tourists and local residents. Information about St. Mary’s County attractions, travel, events and photography can be found at her site. She now does pet photography as well.

To buy my photos, photo cards, and photo crafts of wildlife, pets, holidays and more, visit my Zazzle Photo store at https://www.zazzle.com/store/calmreflectionsphoto






To sign up for automatic emails of this blog go to the bottom left of the page. Click on Subscribe to>Atom>Subscribe to this feed.

To see my Flickr Photostream go to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75311362@N08/





Featured Post

Southern Maryland Produce, an Open Air Farm Market

I found Southern Maryland Produce when I drove up to Waldorf for an appointment and spotted it in Charlotte Hall, MD along the way.  For som...

Monday, October 5, 2026

Southern Maryland Produce, an Open Air Farm Market

I found Southern Maryland Produce when I drove up to Waldorf for an appointment and spotted it in Charlotte Hall, MD along the way.  For some reason, I didn't find it in my farm market research.   This is the last farm market post from my project, unless I can't resist stopping by another one I happen to spot.  While I visited most of the farm markets in the Spring, this one was September 21st.  It is quite far for me, but I am sure I would visit often if I lived closer.

It is a fairly large outdoor market, with excellent stock of fruits, vegetables, flowers, and even a small refrigerated meat cabinet.  The flowers were both annuals and perenials (black eyed susans, mums and more)  The fruits were mostly from elsewhere this time of year (the strawberries were from California),  and they even had pineapples and rambutans (red spikey fruits from southeast Asian). Yes, I had to look that one up.

Southern Maryland Produce is located at:
29935 Three Notch Road, Charlotte Hall, MD
Hours Daily 8am-5pm Spring and Summer

They seem to be open year round, if the weather permits it, even though it is an open air market, so I would check the Facebook site if you plan to visit when the weather is questionable.  I even found a Facebook post in January when they were selling from a large truck when the stand was too cold.  What dedication!  They also have a website southernmdproduce.com

Cute straw horses

Yummy fruits.  I have a sweet tooth

Peaches

Strawberries


Black eyed susans, the state flower

Dahlias I think

Autumn pumpkins




Celosia 

small peppers

meat cabinet


No comments:

Post a Comment